OASW is proud to again offer the online certificate program, Advanced Social Work Practice with Older Adults designed to expand existing social work knowledge and skills to address the needs of this growing population.
Deadline to Register: January 8, 2018
Early Bird Deadline: November 30, 2017
Each module will be offered one by one every two weeks so that participants will have dedicated time to comfortably complete each module. Each module will be facilitated by a different Subject Matter Expert, all Social Workers with academic and practical knowledge of the module content. The online format will allow participants to engage with the content at their own pace, providing flexibility of time for the learner.
The modules include:
- Normal Aging and Geriatric Syndromes/Conditions with subject matter expert Dr. Adriana Shnall
- Geriatric Assessment and Screening Tools with subject matter expert Joyce Hamelin
- Ethics and Care with subject matter expert Linda Wright
- Mental Health and Practice Implications with subject matter expert Dr. Colleen McMillan
- Policy and Marco Perspectives with subject matter expert Julie Foley
- Pharmacology with subject matter experts Dr. Colleen McMillian & Dr. Rita Dhami
To register, please visit