To discuss ethical issues and trends impacting on social work practice.
- To examine professional boundaries and ethical considerations in social work practice along the continuum of boundaries.
- To examine ethical considerations that arise through social networking.
- To highlight NLASW’s practice resource titled “Ethical Decision-Making in Social Work Practice”.
- To apply a case example to an ethical decision-making framework.
- To discuss the concept of e-professionalism in practice.
Ethics lies at the heart of the social work profession, and regardless of one’s area of practice, social workers grapple with ethical dilemmas and questions in practice daily. Some of these can be quite straightforward, while others are complex requiring tremendous energy and resources. This session will provide an overview of some of the ethical issues social workers face in practice and highlight a tool that can assist social workers as they navigate these issues and work towards their successful resolution.
- Annette Johns MSW, RSW
- Charlene Evans MSW, RSW
- Simone Pelley MSW, RSW