Therapy Online is offering an online course starting for experienced counselling practitioners who want to offer professional, ethical online counselling to their clients. They cover video, live text-chat and email-style communications methods. You will engage in hands-on text-based work with both asynchronous (e.g., secure email) and synchronous (e.g., chat) approaches.
Starting January 12, 2018 ending April 19, 2018
- This online course will fit into your schedule done in three 4-week modules (12 weeks total)
- Completely online
- Most assignments are asynchronous
- The course requires a time commitment of 5 to 7 hours per week
- Intensive learning
- Low student/instructor ratio
- Continual discussion with peers; a forum to practice online communication skills includes personal clinical feedback from instructor.
- Enhance the therapeutic alliance online
- Ethical issues in video counselling
- Text-based communication and counselling skills
Lawrence Murphy, MA
Mary MacDougall, MSW
Paul Parnass, MSW, RSW
Sue Allen, BSW, RSW
Cost: $1287. NLASW members 10% discount: $1158.30 plus taxes. Fees may be paid in full or in 3 installments of $386.10.
To register, please click here.