EFT is an evidence-based, experiential approach to couple therapy. A four day EFT externship is taking place in Halifax from Sept 25 -28, 2020. Lead by Dr. Robert Allan, the objectives of this externship for participants include:
- obtain a clear understanding of the basic experiential and systemic concepts of an Emotionally Focused approach to couples therapy.
- be able to conceptualize couple distress and relationship repair based on theories of attachment and emotion.
- develop skills in helping partners reprocess the emotional responses that maintain relational distress.
- develop skills in helping partners shape new interaction patterns and bonding events.
- develop skills to overcome therapeutic impasses with couples.
For additional information including registration details, please click here.